Friday, July 19, 2002

Right. I'm doing links for this one, since Russ sort of commented that he actually *links* from his blog which is something I haven't been doing. It'd bad of me. I don't know / can't remember whether I ever featured this but it's something best experienced, I guess, with an excellent soundcard and good speakers and a large screen (which I have) and broadband (which I haven't). I'm in awe of those people over there.

When I was back in London last week, I walked through the courtyard of Somerset House and was expecting to find the courtyard as it had been, fountains playing, an oasis of calm and a catalyst for memories of how London had been when I lived there. Not that I needed much reminding. But there was a massive bloody tent in the middle of it, which wasn't nice at all. The fountains were off. Grr. It was disappointing. But this: (the great arch to the courtyard from the embankment)

was still there. And I used to stand underneath it and have a cigarette while waiting to go into the Gilbert Collection, or the courtyard, or wherever. And standing underneath it again, as small and crappy as the picture is (so you won't really appreciate it) was wonderful.

Vinopolis was also another place I walked by. And I still haven't had dinner there, or even tapas at the winebar. London friends take the hint and keep the link. ;o)

And that's it for now. I need wine. :o)

No comments: