Friday, January 16, 2004

Robert Kilroy-Silk
has resigned as a TV / BBC presenter! Yay! :oD This is what he had to say.

I believe this is the right moment to leave the programme and concentrate my energies in other directions.

Yeah, Robbie boy. Damn right! Well done for making the right decision at last! As for your 'energies' - huh?

I will continue to lead the Kilroy Television Company Ltd and in addition to our existing commitments to the BBC, we will be bringing new ideas and programmes to the BBC and other broadcasters.

Are you going to call your new programme "Sand-niggers and Wifebeaters: Travels Through Afghanistan"?

I have been overwhelmed by the support from the general public, (hmm. easily overwhelmed, then) and I continue to believe that it is my right to express my views, however uncomfortable they may be.

Aha! So you recognise that you're an insensitive wanker then? :o)

However, I recognise the difficulties this has caused the BBC, and I believe my decision is the right way to resolve the situation.

Erm. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what about the difficulties caused to the thousands of Hindi and Arab people who you shat on from your unjustly great height, asshole?

No comments: