Saturday, January 17, 2004

Memories
Randomly, because I feel like it.

Sitting beside a stream in the Lake District with Marc // Looking endlessly into a Christmas Tree decoration when I was a kid // Showing my first poem to a friend in school, and getting laughed at // The first ever wank // Making pots of real coffee for the grownups and not having any because it was too bitter // Waking up with no memory on my first day alone at uni // Pretending to be a magician when I was 5 // A rainstorm that was so heavy the rain bounced off the road to my waist // Crying when I realised the man in santa's grotto wasn't really santa // Waking up to find my pillow covered with my own blood // My dad pointing at a rolled-up carpet by the side of an overgrown path and saying "There's a body in there" // Foxcubs in a cave // Saying fuck for the first time // Feeling sick with excitement at my first music lesson

No comments: