Thursday, January 01, 2004

It *is* 2004.
Even though I'll keep writing '2003' on things for weeks and weeks to come, it's 2004. Must remember that.

I'm un-hungover, which is good. I can't remember how much I drank last night but it was enough for me not to go to bed half-sober. When I woke up, Jonny was getting ready to go to work late, Mark was getting the car started, and Giles was wandering around looking... in need of coffee. So I made coffee. Mark came back from dropping Jonny off, and we had coffee, and I had soup. Jackass the Movie is brilliant, and I now know that if you get a sea-cucumber and shake it around a bit, it looks like it's cumming. :oD

Usually on New Year's Day I feel like a bit of a blank slate, in an empty way. Not really filled in yet. Waiting to be written on by whatever happens. But today I feel already written on. I have Things To Do. I have People To See. None of it is certain yet but there is so much to gain if I just reach out for it. I'm going to see Andy in a few days, rushed probably. I'm going to see Larry and Patrick and other people, and I need to see a man about a job.

I've got to reply to a guy who sent me a really nice email and £10 over paypal. I've got to move my computer into my bedroom. I've got to buy myself a coat.

No comments: