Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Gooood morning campers
We'll start with the sex and move on from there, OK? Right. Sex is good and you ought to have as much of it as you can as soon as possible. - Ooops, seems I said the wrong thing, because the bible tells us to run away from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Oh well.

There's got to be something interesting to do... ah yes. If you like pretty designs, go read this review of a retrospective of graphic designer Chip Kidd's work. Then buy the book. My friend Jonny bought it for me for Christmas and it's brilliant. His designs for Donna Tartt are refined and unsettling all at once. Continuing on the design front for a moment, consider the torn-up beauty of this abandoned French papermill.

My friend Giles and I saw Russian Ark last year and while he said "That's the fucking worst fucking film I've ever seen in my fucking life," I was held captive by its homage to creativity and beauty - and all things Imperial Russia. So if you reckon that having a look at colour photos from the Tsar's court photographer might be fun - go look.

Any more than that, and I can't help you right now. I've got a pot of coffee to get through. Move along, please...

No comments: