Sunday, June 20, 2004

Impending work

That might seem to be a strange title. After all, even though I post throughout the day, who’s to know, reading this, that I haven’t had a job for quite a long time? Well, I haven’t, and starting tomorrow, I have.

However I’m not actually going to say here what the job is or where it is, because there’s been far too much strife going on lately vis–à–vis employees blogging about their work (or even not about their work, but just being identifiable as an employee by what they post about in general) and being fired.

I could be working in a paint factory or something. You never know. But you won’t know (or at least shouldn’t) from what I write here. I don’t intend to mention work a whole lot, anyway.

Right now, though, I’m having the usual ‘night before work’ blues. You know: won’t be able to stay up as late as I did, my whole day will be eaten up, I’ll have to rush things I didn’t rush before, etc. etc. etc. With any luck (and a fair amount of state generosity) I won’t run out of cash before the first paycheck comes through. With even more luck, I’ll find out I’m doing something interesting, or at least not oppressive. There are plenty of people who honestly don’t dread going into their jobs each day. I want to be one of them. There are plenty of people who actually like what they do quite a lot, in a real sense. I want to be one of them, too.

Wish me luck.

No comments: