Friday, June 21, 2002

Two things have happened today which have made big news in the UK. One: England lost in the latest world cup football match. I couldn't give a fuck. And then a bloke called Spencer got thrown out of the Big Brother house: basically a place in which ordinary people are imprisoned and assigned various tasks and have to live together, and they're watched *really avidly* by the nation, which decides on which one of them is to be evicted from the house at the end of each week. Well, those of us who can actually be bothered to watch the thing, and call in to vote. Personally, I'm more taken with the wonderful thunderstorm we had tonight over Belfast. Really big rumbles, and hailstones as big as pebbles. FAN-tastic. :o)

And apparently, as a result, people on the outskirts of Belfast have had to fight floodwater coming through their homes, sometimes 4 feet deep in certain areas. I'd say that was a lot more important than Big fucking Brother. But hey. We all have to have priorities, and mine are the quiet little boring ones. I've also been thinking quite a lot lately about a certain person. But I'm not saying who it is. I don't want to jinx things. And I might not even be thinking about anyone: that's the thing with words. You can make them say anything.

*grin*

No comments: