Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Oh, what a lovely day it's been. So far. Sunny, nothing happening in the house except photos being taken of the living rooms and kitchen. I'm wondering what other people who pick up the brochures in the estate agent's will think when they see our place. Will they think "Wow, that's definitely a cool house. You can really tell that a young attractive cerebral guy lives there and sort of tolerates his incipiently geriatric father" or will they think "Hmm. Looks tasteful, in a suburban kind of way"? Probably the second one. Dammit.

I'm very proud of myself today. I decided that today was the day I'd bare my arms for summer. Not usually being one to bare too much, this was as much a revelation for me as anyone else, and I got... *grin* admiring *smile* glances!! Yes! That's right! Of course I'm not really that shallow. I don't look at myself in mirrors, and I don't care about my hair. My clothes are important, but usually less so than whatever book it is that I happen to be reading.

But I got glances! For my arms! My happiness about that might be shallow, yeah, but I don't care, this is a first.

No comments: