Saturday, May 25, 2002

Went into town today to find that the Lord Mayor's parade was taking place. Belfast's so prim usually about these things, but today there was this sort of bizarre atmosphere, as if the city was slipping uncontrollably into a carnival which it was worried it might never be able to escape from. I got off the bus to find loads of really quite attractive young people around, and thought I'd kinda like to have sex with a guy who was wandering around and looking almost as lost as I must have done.

But nothing came of it, so I went into HMV and saw this weird brightly-coloured CD on the player stands. The latest offering by Kronos Quartet and certainly lives up to their strong wacky wildness. And wow, I was swung, captivated, and even though I have nearly no money right now I had to buy it. It's got this cute pixelated ass inside the booklet too. You have to buy it too.

Today feels like a no-day; not really like a Saturday at all. I think it was the unexpected carnival in town that did it. And just to top it off, when I got home, I found that a plane has crashed into the sea with no expected survivors; usually plane-crashes are difficult enough to connect with anyway, but on a day like this it just feels like it's added one more frame to the movie, not the real-life day which I'm meant to live through as if it's my own.

No comments: