Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Some irritatingly cheerful woman is standing in a studio with an excited and purposeful audience. They're discussing the UK government's plans to start both a hard-hitting anti-drugs campaign in schools, and a policy whereby those horrible young people who sell drugs will be expelled from their schools.

Oh yeah, and that's really going to work. Actually, I'm not sure that we should have an anti-drugs policy in this country at all. Of course the fcking pathetic talkshows and audiences, and all the sententious middle-aged Very Concerned Parents who form part of those audiences, will have a field day over this. But my mate Chris is a doctor, and he'd legalise stuff like E as soon as he could if it was up to him. E doesn't kill you. Heroin doesn't kill you. Abuse of anything kills you very quickly, even alcohol. Why the hell this country has got such a puritan little underbelly about such things, when its roots are pagan, grabs me. But then, we did get fucked in the ass by the Romans and I guess they were terrified of anything which wasn't absolutely based on logic.

Sorry about that; I would've written a little snippet of something about me, which would educate and entertain. But I've had water dripping out my nose for every single second of today and I'm feeling shitty and the only way I can write anything is to be critical. Grrr.

No comments: