Monday, May 20, 2002

There's definitely something really weird about being in this house right now, and there is a host of reasons why that could be. The first is that I've just comparatively recently had to move back here from London, which I felt was my true home and still do. The second is that I never expected to be living back here ever again. The third is that dad has now retired and he's here all the time - so when I'm here, he's here, clogging up the place with just his presence. (He doesn't get me down, but you know... I can only be around him so much.) And the final reason is maybe the most significant.

Some other family is going to be living here in less than a year.

Some other people. Strangers in my bedroom that's been mine for the past 24 years, strangers in the room mum and dad shared. It's just weird. What's even weirder is that I will see none of this taking place - because quite simply the place will no longer belong to us. If I even went back here to take a look at the place, I couldn't even walk up the driveway without explaining myself.

Oh well. I'll be going here:



tomorrow, to play for a while, and I'll probably forget all this.

No comments: