Tuesday, September 23, 2003

More miscellaneous stuff
Surfing around today, the most notable blog has been London Journal by an American called Colin who's just started uni in London. It's notable because he started it comparatively recently, and I lived in London for damn near two years, knew it well enough before that, and what he's going through is more or less what I went through. Apart from his (encouraging) pronouncement: I hate being a tourist. I feel like I'm wearing a shirt that says "I'm here to look at YOU." I never hated being a tourist. When living in London properly, however, christ did I hate them.

Then, Matooblog, which I'm sure would be lovely if I could read the damn thing fluently. From what I can see, it's cultural and offbeat enough. Google doesn't translate all of it though, so beware.

Circadian Shift (which I nearly typed without the f - hmmm, baad) has a wonderful entry about sort-of nonsense words. Like 'Inoculatte': To take coffee intravenously when you are running late. Pure genius.

The above introduced me to the next one: Gaping Void. Cartoons drawn on the back of business cards. The front of the cards aren't shown. It's not about taking the piss, you know.

Cigars and Alcohol Ramblings: not quite as restricted as the title implies, but my god, with a title like that, why would you not go clickety-clickety-click?

There's a typically American lit crit bit linked from the excellent assorted grotesqueries.

And finally, I just have to go back to Colin for a moment, because this London Underground blog entry is excellent.

No comments: