Thursday, May 01, 2003

Jamie Cullum...
...has been on my desk for a good few months. Ever since my friend Mike from OUT came to visit last year and bought me this album by his mate (which took some finding in HMV since they only stocked one disc at any one time), I've been listening to the album - Pointless Nostalgic - and shuffled the case around. Jamie Cullum, in other words, has been buried by bank statements, letters, hidden under coffee cups. What an injustice. ;o)

And an even greater injustice: some UK tabloid piece of shit decided to fly a helicopter over his parents' house the other day when his signing with Universal Records was confirmed, plastering the resulting photo with a headline which more than hinted that he was in it for the money. Now, I don't know the man personally. But if you listen to the album, and the way he plays and sings, you'll know he's always been in it for the music, you twisted bastards.

No comments: